A vacancy will occur in August for an Estates Officer, (Pay Band C2) based at our Maidstone office, with responsibility for some 120 Reserve and Cadet properties in Kent and Sussex areas.
Applicants will possess:
- A sound working knowledge of current building regulations or CDM 15, ideally with a minimum of 2 years’ experience, although a newly qualified graduate would be considered.
- Qualifications in H&S, SMSTS, NEBOSH, IOSH/CITB. MBIFM would also be desirable.
- Be experienced in budget management.
- Be computer literate.
They will be responsible to the Head of Estates for:
- The preparation and control of major and minor works projects.
- Control of a budget of up to £500K.
- Carrying out annual building inspections and preparation of related maintenance plans.
- Preparation of specifications and invitations to tender.
- Allocation of works orders.
Extensive travel will be required throughout the Kent and Sussex areas, for which an Association vehicle will be provided.
The starting salary is £31,696 per annum based on a 37 hour, five day working week. In addition the following benefits are offered:
- A Career Average Revalued Earnings scheme.
- A company car.
- 25 days paid holiday per annum (30 days with qualifying service in the Armed Forces or Other Government Department) plus 9 days Public and Bank Holidays.
- A performance-related bonus scheme.
The appointment commences with a probationary period of six months.
Interested candidates should forward a full CV together with a covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to:
The Support Services Director, Seely House, Shoe Lane, Aldershot, Hants, GU11 2HJ.
Tel: 01252 357606.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26 July. Click here for more details